Kimberly T. Walker Law Office, P.A.

Helping Your Family Build a Better Tomorrow

Kimberly T. Walker Law Office, P.A.

Helping Your Family Build a Better Tomorrow

Child Support

Ensuring that children are well taken care of and given the support they need to thrive is one of the most important aspects of family and divorce law. At Kimberly T. Walker Law Office, P.A. in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, we are dedicated to ensuring that children are supported and put in a position to thrive.

Our dedication stems from our firm’s larger commitment to resolving legal problems. Our firm’s founding lawyer holds nearly 20 years of experience in doing exactly that: helping families find the solutions they need in order to move forward constructively with their lives.

To discuss all your child support options with an experienced family law attorney in your area, contact us today for a free initial consultation.

What Is Child Support?

Child support refers to the amount of money that is paid by one parent to another parent to cover the needs and expenses of their child when the parents are no longer together. Courts use a specific formula to determine the amount of child support required to meet the needs of the child in question. There is very little leeway in the formula to make adjustments at the time of the order.

If Child Support Is So Cut And Dried, Why Hire A Lawyer?

Knowing the court will use a child support formula to calculate the right amount to be paid for the children, you may be wondering why it is in your interest to hire a lawyer. You could represent yourself, but a good lawyer can help you assess your situation and finances and will make sure the judge receives the most accurate information possible for making his or her decision.

In some cases, a child support agreement no longer meets the needs of the child or parents because of significant material changes in their situation. It is important to have a good lawyer at this time to determine if you have a case and, if you do, make sure you present it in the best way for achieving your desired results.

Do you have a case to be made for modification? Call us today at 952-236-4721 to discuss your situation with an attorney.